What you need to know about your wood bat
Wooden Bats Break.
If you hit a baseball on the cup or the handle of the bat, the odds of breaking your bat are very high.
They can break first swing or last multiple seasons.
- ONLY use regulation baseballs or wood safe baseballs
- Ask if a batting cage uses WOOD SAFE baseballs before using your wood bat.
- Work on hitting off of a tee to get used to your bat and putting the barrel of the bat on the ball.
- Use your wood bat in commercial batting cages unless they are using WOOD SAFE balls.
- Use dimple or rubber balls with your wood bat.
- Let other people use your wood bat. They will break it.
- Leave your bat in extreme cold, heat, dry or wet conditions.